PostDoc on digitisation of Cultural Heritage (CCHT@CàFoscari) - [ Postdoc ]Added on: 04/10/2018 - Expires on 30/06/2019
The Center for Cultural Heritage Technology (CCHT@Ca’Foscari) of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (Venice, Italy) aims at researching and promoting new technologies for the analysis and digital recording of Cultural Heritage, both tangible and intangible, expanding and improving current approaches. More broadly, it engages in the field of Digital Humanities by applying digital analysis to the textual and iconographic content of material culture. CCHT@Ca’Foscari is currently seeking to appoint a Postdoc on digitisation of Cultural Heritage.
The selected candidate will join an interdisciplinary team of researchers, contributing to the development of next generation 3D digitisation applied to the Cultural Heritage (CH)
- A Ph.D. in computer science or related field;
- Proficiency with programming languages (e.g. Python, C/C++, MATLAB);
- Experience in the 3D computer vision field (for example, but not limited to, 3D reconstruction from RGBD data, photometric stereo, structure from motion, structured light systems, etc.)
- Publications in major Computer Vision, Computer Graphics and other related conferences and journals
- Good communication skills and ability to cooperate;
- Proficient in English language (written and oral).
- Knowledge of OpenCV, PCL and Open3D libraries;
- Experience in one or more of the following fields:
- 2D-3D-4D digitisation (scanning) and analysis of both small objects, monuments and sites
- shape analysis and interpretation
- post processing techniques
- semantic-aware reconstruction
The successful candidate will be offered a salary commensurate to experience and skills.
The call will remain open until the position is filled but a first deadline for evaluation of candidates will be June 30, 2019. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “CCHT - CH digitisation Postdoc – BC 75117” in the e-mail subject. Your application shall contain:
- a detailed CV
- a one-page research statement
- name and contact information of two referees.
Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (http://www.iit.it) is a non-profit institution created with the objective of promoting technological development and higher education in science and technology. Research at IIT is carried out in highly innovative scientific fields with state-of-the-art technology.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an equal opportunity employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Please note that the data that you provide will be used exclusively for the purpose of professional profiles’ evaluation and selection, and in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone +39 010 71781 - email: dpo[at]iit.it)